WE ARE OPEN ACCORDING TO THE GOVERNOR'S MANDATE; PHASE 3.
We are excited to finally be moving forward with some sense of normalcy! With that being said, we will need all of our staff, parents and children to work together to keep our community healthy and safe. Merging guidelines from NGA, the CDC and Washington State, the following is our current plan. Please note that this list is not all-inclusive and is subject to change as more information becomes available. So happy to be a part of your families - WELCOME!
The following is what you can expect of us and what we expect from you and your child. While we can’t be 100% risk free, we are being as thorough as possible. We know this is lengthy, but in the interest of being thorough, bear with us and please read through entirely.
- Will be screened with WA State Health Questionnaire.
- Will stay home if not feeling well.
- Will Maintain 6 foot distance from others the entire time in building.
- Will sanitize when entering and leaving the building as well as between each event.
- Masks will be worn.
- There will be spotting for safety only.
- Each parent (or person accompanying their gymnast) will have signed a waiver of consent and commitment to the gymnastics center’s policies before entering the gym (included in our policies).
- Please maintain the 6 foot social distance while sitting in the bleachers. No one will be permitted to sit downstairs in the lobby area.
- Please educate your child about following all gym rules for their safety and for others.
- It is important that you arrive to your class ON TIME. Late comers may not be admitted.
- Remember to maintain social distancing of 6 feet while entering/exiting and while viewing in the gym.
- If anyone in your household is showing infectious symptoms, do not attend class. If you or your child exhibit any infectious symptoms you will not be allowed to attend class.
- Please use hand sanitizer before entering the gym.
- Masks MUST be worn whether you are vaccinated or not. Our students are not vaccinated - let's protect them!
- No one should attend that is “at risk” until the state has proceeded through all phases of re-opening.
- We ask for your assistance in the at-home monitoring of your family members. Please observe for the following symptoms: fever or chills, cough, fatigue, body ache or sore joints, shortness of breath, sore throat, headaches, nasal congestion, loss of taste or smell, rash, abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea and/or vomiting. If you, your child or anyone in your household exhibit any of these symptoms or come into contact with anyone known to have a positive COVID-19 test, you MUST notify us immediately and do not attend any program here for at least 14 days of known contact OR the symptoms subside. The child/family member's return to the gym MUST be coordinated with Kim in the office.
- All students 3 yrs and older will wear a mask.
- Hand sanitize when entering the building.
- Sanitize your hands and feet before and after class. Coaches will assist.
- Students will bring a personal bag with their own water bottle(labeled with their name), liquid chalk (if needed), and grips (Team Gymnasts). Lockers will not be available. Drinking fountain will be closed; however, bottle fillers will be open.
- Follow all rules set by their coaches and teachers.
- If a child exhibits any infectious symptoms they will be sent home.
- We also suggest that your athlete take a full shower/bath when they return home from practice.
- Class sizes have been reduced some to help accommodate the work-out distancing recommendation.
- We have staggered class times to reduce congregating in the lobby area. Also to help with this, you will enter through our main door and exit through the Ninja Nick room door.
- To be cleaned daily and equipment to be sanitized regularly, at the end of every class if not more often. Equipment sanitizing stations have been added as well as several locations for sanitizing hands and feet. Every evening the facility will again be cleaned thoroughly.
- There will be a designated entrance and exit to reduce the congestion in the lobby area.
- Cones and/or other markers will be used to encourage the 6 foot social distancing requirement.
- Bathrooms will be frequently cleaned. Touchless soap dispensers are in all bathrooms.
- We will be using MERV13 filters for the HVAC and weather permitting, the garage doors will be open for added ventilation when possible.
- The Pro Shop is open with limitations. Check in with the office and they will walk you through the process.
- You will notice signage around the facility reminding you of COVID-19 protocol.
While maintaining a healthy and safe environment, we welcome you back to Alley Oop Gymnastics Center! Thank you all for doing your part!